About The Academy of Design
The Academy of Design University has changed its name to LCI Melbourne we launched under our new name in 2018. Even though we have a new name we offer the same great educational courses and excellent student services.
Our mission is to offer a high-quality alternative to existing education and connect students with a network of over 12,000 strong. Our courses are aimed at students that are seeking a career in the Arts field.
- In 1998 LCI Melbourne was founded under the name the Australian Academy of the Arts. Between 2001 and 2006 the university offered bachelor and master degrees.
- In 2015 the LCI Melbourne Education Network took over ownership of the Academy of the Arts.
- The LCI Melbourne name became official in 2018.
Our unique degree
LCI Melbourne offers a unique Bachelor of Design Arts degree that is recognized globally. The courses that we offer include communication design, fashion and costume design, filmmaking and photography, graphic design, interior design and visual arts studies.
Our unique program allows a student to obtain a degree within 2 years. The courses are nationally accredited and recognized internationally.
Our university supports Commonwealth Government assistance plans such as FEE-HELP and Centrelink and alternative student loans.
The Academy of Design Services
We offer a wide range of courses focusing on the areas of communication design, fashion and costume design, film making and photography, graphic and digital design, interior design and visual arts. Students are encouraged to be creative and to be innovative when it comes to their studies.
In Australia, students have access to a Government run program that falls into 5 different categories.
- HECS-HELP (Higher Education Loan Program) helps students pay their student contributions towards their studies.
- FEE- HELP - This student loan is to assist students that pay full tuition to help them cover other student related expenses.
- SE-HELP This loan allows students to pay for their student services fee and amenities fees
- OS-HELP This personal loan can be used to cover expenses while the student is studying overseas as part of their course requirements.
- VET-FEE-HELP This loan can be used to pay for the student’s tuition fees.
- FEE-HELP Loans FEE-HELP Loans were designed to help the student pay for their tuition fees. This loan can’t be used to pay for rent, accommodation, transport fees or study materials.
To apply for a FEE-HELP loan you will need to meet certain requirements these include:
- The student must be an Australian citizen and over the age of 18
- The student must be enrolled in the university
- The loan is not granted based on your income
The Academy of Design Product Details
- Loan Type Student loans
Summary of Services
- Get a loan up to 50% of your study fees
- Affordable student loans
The Academy of Design - Affordable loans for students
There are no interest fees or monthly service fees charged on your FEE-HELP loan.
How do I repay my student loan?
The Australian Government wants you to concentrate on your studies without having to have the extra stress of student loan repayments.
To give students the ability to concentrate on their studies, they will only need to start paying back their loan once they have finished their studies and they are employed and earning a certain income. The amount that the student will need to pay will depend on the amount that they borrowed and how much they earn. The payments are made directly through the national tax system.
What is the difference between a degree course and a diploma course?
The main difference is the amount of content that is offered in each course. If the student is completing a BDA degree then they will automatically be eligible to become members of the Design Institute of Australia. A BDA is the equivalent of a 4-year degree that is fast-tracked into 3 years of studies. The course ensures that students get a well-rounded understanding of the creative industry. The Professional Placement Program or work experience program ensures that students finish the course with real-life work experience.
How to apply
To apply for a loan you will need to request a FEE-HELP assistance form. You will need to complete the form and send it to the university that you are enrolled in. The student will need to supply their TFN (Tax File Number) in order to apply.
Other financial support
Other financial support that students could be eligible for include Youth Allowance and Austudy. This type of assistance is a grant that is earned based on various testing.
Commercial Banks may offer financial products that are specifically aimed at students. Your parents could apply for a loan on your behalf or co-sign on a personal loan to help you pay for your studies.
What is a Commonwealth Assistance Notice?
To keep track of your HELP debt students will be sent a CAN (Commonwealth Assistance Notice) this notice will provide the census date and all the debt the student has accumulated.
The report will include the tuitions fees for each unit that you have studied, it will provide details of any payments that you have made and list any other student or short term loans or obligations that you need to be aware of.
Customer Reviews & Testimonials
When you don't have to worry about finances, it becomes much more enjoyable and productive being at varsity. I am so happy I do not have to stress about making repayments on my student loan while...
— Melbourne —
With the variety of loan options to choose from with affordable rates, I am able to get excited about my future without needing stress out because of finances right now.
— Melbourne —