About Southern Cross University
The Southern Cross University has a scheme that provides small interest-free student loans to students that are enrolled at the university and that are struggling to pay for their studies because they are going through a financial slump.
There are 8 types of loans available to students these are as follows:
- Level one – Emergency loans of up to $100 maximum this loan can be used when the student needs a small amount of cash for an emergency and there is no need for a guarantor.
- Level two – Standard loan of up to $200 maximum. No guarantor is needed. Students that have an outstanding loan amount may have their application declined.
- Level three – Online loans of up to $300 maximum. This loan is perfect to pay for the cost of internet setup costs. Students will need to provide quotes from service providers when applying for these types of loans.
- Level four – Standard loan of up to $500 maximum. If it is the first time a student applies for a level 4 loan a guarantor will be needed. Thereafter a student will be able to obtain a level four loan if they have shown that they can the repayments on the loan successfully.
- Level five – Practicum Loan of up to $600 maximum this loan will be available to students that are about to start their practicum for the minimum of 2 weeks. The course dates will need to be provided. A guarantor will be required.
- Level six – standard short-term loans of up to $800 maximum this loan is available to students that have previously had a level 4 loan that they have paid back successfully. A guarantor is required.
- Level seven – Standard loan of up to $1000 maximum. This type of loan is available to students that have successfully repaid a level 4 loan. a guarantor is required.
- Level eight – Standard loan of up to $1500 maximum. To be eligible for this type of loan the student must have successfully paid back a level 4 loan. A guarantor will be required.
To find out more about our loans please give us a call on 02 6620 3220 or free call on 1800 111 890
Southern Cross University Services
Our student loans are offered from level 1 till level 8 and are there to assist the student when they need a bit of financial assistance.
Our student loans come in the following categories:
- Postgraduate loans
- Emergency cash loans
- Other financial assistance
- Student loans
Student loan e-form
To apply for a loan you will need to log onto our website and then proceed to the online application form with your student ID number and unique password. Student loans are not available to exchange students.
How to apply
To apply for one of our student loans you will need to set an appointment to come and see one of our student financial assistance officers that will conduct an interview with you and determine your needs and requirements. To apply for an interview the student must apply through CareerHub and log on using their unique MySCU username and password so that we can verify your details.
How to apply to study at SCU
To apply to study at SCU simply log on to our website and find a course that you are interested in by browsing through our undergraduate, postgraduate courses or contact us for more courses and information. You will be able to filter your course options by course level, location and session. Our campus often hosts open days so that you can come and check out the campus and find out more about the university.
If you can’t attend the classes at the university you have the option of studying online you can apply directly via SCU and we will send you all of the relevant coursework that you can complete in your own time as long as you finish by the agreed upon date.
Southern Cross University Product Details
- Loan Type Student loans
- Loan Amount up to $1,500
Summary of Services
- Loan options for international students
- Get an interest free student loan
SCU - a wide range of scholarships available
SCU offers a wide range of scholarships for eligible students. SCU has been awarded 5 stars for its entry pathways and flexibility to study pathways.
Some year 12 students may be eligible for bonus points under the Regional year 12 bonus scheme and special subject’s bonus scheme.
If you are an adult or not coming straight from high school to university you can enroll at SCU via a number of different ways. Some applications can be supplemented by work experience or follow up course interviews.
Accept and enrol
Once you have found a course that interests you and has applied using the online application form. SCU will send you an offer via e-mail. You will then need to accept the offer so that you can be enrolled in the course of your choice.
You will need to pay for your course in order for us to enrol you in the course. If you need any additional information on our range of study loans then please don’t hesitate to contact us via our website or by calling us on 1800 626 481.
Customer Reviews & Testimonials
Really helpful financial advisors on site to assist in helping you make the best decision. Very friendly and efficient staff members.
— Lismore —
There are literally so many loan options available to students, there is no way you cannot find what you need. Totally the best choice for students.
— Lismore —
I was very impressed to find out I can apply online and not need to make an appointment to go see someone in person to discuss different student loan options. Everything was very clear on the web...
— Lismore —