The most important strength of Homeloans Ltd is its varied range of funders. You can get funding from a variety of sources, with one simple online loan application, meaning a wide range of credit policies and special offers.
We are one of the largest non-bank lenders in Australia, we are a transparent company plus we are listed on the ASX and a qualified credit team. Most of our mortgages are submitted by mortgage brokers, mortgage brokers have been a popular choice since the industry’s inception.
No deposit loans for first home buyers are available
- Yes, it is possible to purchase your first home without a down payment!
- We have the First Home Owners Grant (FHOG) and other government subsidies to thank for the range of new discounted 100% home loans because now it’s easier than ever to purchase your first home without a down payment.
- Should you be wanting to purchase a property but you are struggling to save the down payment, ask your parents to act as a guarantor, this is by far the most popular no down payment option.
Are you aware that about 60% of first time home buyer actually receives some sort of assistance from their parents? You could more than likely get a discount rate plus a no deposit home loan will allow you to 100% of the purchase price.
First home owners grant
- You may apply for an FHOG as you deposit although generally, it’s not enough on its own. Try our FHOG calculator and see which grants you are eligible for. You usually need 5% to 10% of the purchase price, including the FHOG.
- Should you be building your home, your grant will only be available once construction begins, but bearing in mind if you have a guarantor you wouldn’t need any saving’s at all.
- The First FHOG is a general scheme subsidised by the states and territories of Australia and is managed under their own legislation. A one-off grant of normally about $7,000 is payable to first home buyers by the scheme.
- Please be advised that some states offer additional or separate grants, for this reason, we have created a First Home Owners Grant Calculator so that you can know what is available in your state.
HomeLoans.com.au Product Details
- Loan Type Home loans
- Interest Rate 2.44 – 5.76% p/a
- Repayment 5 years to 25 years
Summary of Services
- Smart and flexible home loans
- Reliable debt consolidation loans
- Get pre-approved
- Apply online
HomeLoans – We give you valuable information before you buy a house
It is also possible to apply for your FHOG through your bank when you apply for your loan. The funds will be advanced with your loan settlement and should you be building your home you’ll receive the funding when you apply for your first construction drawdown
Yes, there is a range of stamp duty exemptions available from the state governments, additional grants as well as other benefits when purchasing your first home.
The Australian Government announced that it would consent to first time home buyers to salary sacrifice into their retirement account in order to save for a deposit. This was announced by the Federal Budget in 2017.
So in other words, any concessional “pre-tax” and “non-concessional” after-tax contributions that were made to you super from 1 July 2017 can later be withdrawn to fund your deposit. So to be clear you may not draw down on you’re from your current super balance to pay for your down payment to purchase a property.
Costs associated with buying a home
Discuss costs with your mortgage broker or conveyance consultant before you sign the contract when buying property because there are several costs you may incur when you buy your first home.
Mortgage stamp duty: This cost is calculated based on the amount on the amount of money you borrow, it is also a hidden state government fee but most states either waive this for the first time home buyer.
Purchase stamp duty: This cost is the most expensive in association with home buying. There are states that offer stamp duty concessions the first time home buyer. There are stamp duty calculator options on most of the government website that will take any first time home concession into account.
Registration fees: This fee is a small fee of about $200 for the registration charges of name and property title plus the registration of the new mortgage on the tile. This is also another government fee.
Conveyance / legal fees: your forecast payment could be between $700 and $ 1 500 for your conveyance costs for first time home purchase. We offer a recommended conveyance list which you could refer to should you not already have chosen one.
Lender fees: There are lenders that will charge a setup fees of around $850 whereas others will relinquish all the setup fees for your home loan. We are able to provide you with a no charge quote for your no down payment loan with a relevant an appropriate interest rate fee.
LMI: The LMI choice could range from $0 for a quick start loan and then there could be a charge of 5.1% of the loan amount. You can fill in our free assessment form for an LMI Estimate or use our LMI Premium Calculator to find out a precise premium for your situation.
Customer Reviews & Testimonials
Very good home loan option, their rates are low, their fees minimal and their service good.
— Townsville —
A nice wide range of loan option services, couldn't ask for more.
— Sydney —
Given the service I received from HomeLoans.com, I am not surprised that they are an award-winning institution. Keep up the hard work!
— Melbourne —
Nicely affordable fees that come along with a low-interest rate. Exactly what I was looking for.
— Adelaide —
HomeLoans.com.au Contact Details
- Shop 10, 2 Belmont Street Swansea NSW 2281 Australia
- Get Directions
- Monday 09:00 – 17:00
- Tuesday 09:00 – 17:00
- Wednesday 09:00 – 17:00
- Thursday 09:00 – 17:00
- Friday 09:00 – 17:00
- Saturday – Closed
- Sunday – Closed