About Teachers Mutual Bank
The Teachers Mutual Bank opened its doors in 1966 and has been operating for over 50 years.
9 teachers had a dream of helping teachers and putting together an organization that offers the finest products and services such as loans and credit cards to teachers and their families.
We based our foundation on partnership, education, strength, commitment, integrity and sustainability so that we could be braver, bolder and even more competitive and bring you the best value for money products and services. Our main values focus is on advocacy, passion and sustainability.
We are there for you through every step of your financial journey and help you make the most of every dollar that you earn and help you reach the financial goals that you have set. The products and service that we offer have been specifically designed for teachers.
Our passion is putting you first and helping you achieve financial freedom. Our passion is to assist teachers, their families and others in the education industry to get ahead so that they can continue educating our youth and not have to stress about financial issues.
We are 100% committed to making the future a better place by employing skilled, ethical staff members. We deliver the most innovative products and services and help varies communities and schools as well as the environment to ensure a more sustainable future. Teachers bank has over 193,000 members and more than $6.9 billion in assets this makes us a market leader.
Customer-owned banking code of practice
This is our promise to you that everything we do is to benefit our members, encourage community involvement, charge fair fees and provide our clients with excellent customer service and advice.
Teachers Mutual Bank Services
Our products and services include home loans, accounts, credit cards, personal loans, insurance, travel and financial planning. All our services are available 24 hours a day via internet banking or via our mobile app.
Our 10 promises to our clients
- All our dealing is ethical and fair
- Our focus is on empowering our members
- All the information we provide will be clear and correct
- We are a responsible lender
- We will always offer the highest standards of customer service excellence
- All complaints will be handled fairly and resolved quickly
- We recognize our member's rights
- We comply with all industry and legal obligations
- We aim to improve the lives of the community and have sustainable business practices
Teachers Mutual Bank Credit Card
Your Teachers Mutual Bank Credit Card can be used to pay for shopping, travelling overseas or to consolidate your debt.
To apply is 100% free and you will only be charged 7.90pa for the first 6 months and you won’t be charged any annual fees.
Other benefits include:
- Compatible with Apple Pay
- Compatible with Google Pay
- 90 pa rate for the first 6 months
- You won’t be charged any annual fees
- Make even faster payments of up to $100 with payWave
- Manage and transfer your balances hassle free
- We use the safest and most secure chip card technology
- Get extra protection with Visa Zero Liability
- The credit card is accepted in over 200 countries
- Access to a 24-hour hotline for lost and stolen cards
- Credit limit of $1,000 to $25,000
Teachers Mutual Bank Product Details
- Loan Type Credit cards
- Interest Rate 7.9%
- Loan Amount up to $25,000
- Repayment 6 months to 12 months
Summary of Services
- Balance transfer options
- Apply online in 15 minutes
- No annual fees
- The cards are accepted worldwide
Teacher Mutual Bank - We support teachers across Australia
To apply for a Teachers Mutual Bank Credit Card you will need to be a member of the Teachers Mutual Bank. To join you will need to apply via our website by using our online loan application form. You will need to supply us with a form of identification. Complete the application form in a few minutes and then click join. We will give you an outcome of your membership within 15 minutes.
You will then get a phone call to confirm and verify your details you will then become a member of the Teachers Mutual Bank.
To apply for a Teachers Mutual Bank Credit Card you will need to supply details of your employment and income. We will then send you an offer letter that you can accept online and then we will send the credit card to you or you can apply at any of our offices during business hours.
To apply for membership you need to be 18 years old or older.
Your credit limit will be determined by a number of different factors these will include your income, credit record and financial commitments. The credit limit can range from $1,000 to as much as $25,000.
You are welcome to add family members and friends as long as they are over the age of 18.
How do I make re-payments?
- Via phone or internet banking
- Organize a direct debit to automatically deduct the minimum payment from your account
- Pay using your BPAY
- Or mail us a cheque
- You need to pay at least 3% of your closing balance
- To increase your credit limit please complete the credit application form and someone will contact you.
Customer Reviews & Testimonials
Struggling to find fault with this provider. Really nice service with stress-free application.
— Brisbane —
Teachers Mutual Bank has excellent interest rates and awesome friendly staff to help you along the way with any queries and such. SO happy I was able to get my credit card through them!
— Hobart —
Such a pleasant experience! I was able to fill out my complete application online and was approved in minutes. No hassle, no fuss.
— Gold Coast —
Teachers Mutual Bank Contact Details
- 28-38 Powell Street Homebush NSW 2140 Australia
- Get Directions
- PO Box 7501, Silverwater NSW , 2128, Australia
- Monday 09:00 – 17:00
- Tuesday 09:00 – 17:00
- Wednesday 09:00 – 17:00
- Thursday 09:00 – 17:00
- Friday 09:00 – 17:00
- Saturday – Closed
- Sunday – Closed