About Community First Credit Union
Community First offers a range of low interest rate credit cards to suit your needs and requirements. Our aim is to help our member achieve their financial goals by helping them build relationships that are mutually beneficial.
McGrath Pink Visa
This credit card offers a host of benefits including a low-interest rate on all purchases, low rates on balance transfers and quick advance options. Half of your cards annual fees ($20) will be donated to help fund McGrath breast care nurses in communities all across Australia. As well as helping make a difference you will enjoy up to 55 days interest-free on all purchases.
The card comes compatible with smart chip protection, payWave, Visa Zero Liability and Visa verification online. You will have access to your account 24/7 via internet banking or the App on your smartphone. Credit limits range from $1,000 and up to $15,000
Who can apply?
- You need to be at least 18 years old
- Have a good job with a regular income
- You can’t have been declared bankrupt and not be under debt counselling
- You must be an Australian citizen
- You must not have defaulted on any loans, credit cards or other accounts in the last 5 years
- You must be employed for at least 6 months
- You must have a valid bank account
Community First Credit Union Services
Verified by Visa is there to protect you against theft or fraudulent purchases on your Visa Card.
If the purchase amount is very high or if you are purchasing from a provider that you haven’t visited before Visa will contact you to ensure that it is you making the purchase you will need to verify your personal details to identify yourself and confirm you would like to continue with the purchase.
How to apply?
To apply simply visit the website and complete the online loan application form if you prefer you can give us a call or visit one of our service stores. We will guide you through every step of the application process.
Compare credit cards
Community first gives you the ability to compare credit cards so that you can choose the correct one to suit your needs.
We have rated the cards we offer per category to help you make your decision easier.
The best low-interest rate credit cards on offer are The Low Rate Visa credit card (black card) and the McGrath Pink Visa card that offer interest rates of only 8.99%pa. The annual fees for both these cards are only $40.
The Mcgrath Pink Visa card donates half the annual fees you pay to the McGrath Foundation to date they have donated over $380,000 to the McGrath Breast Care Nurses organization across Australia.
Community First Credit Union Product Details
- Loan Type Credit cards
- Interest Rate 8.99%
Summary of Services
- Conveniently apply online
- Low rate credit cards
- Flexible repayment terms
Community First – Keep your personal information safe
Make sure that you follow these tips and tricks to help keep your credit card and personal information safe:
- MAKE SURE that you always check your statements and know what is going on in your account. If you see any irregular activity then report it immediately.
- BE CAREFUL how you dispose of your statement as the information is sensitive and can be used to make fraudulent purchases. Make sure to shred all documents before throwing them out.
- MAKE SURE that we have your correct contact details and that your personal details are up to date so that we can contact you should we suspect fraudulent activity on your card.
- MAKE SURE that you keep your PIN number safe and shield it with your hand when withdrawing money from an ATM.
- MAKE SURE that shop assistants stay in your site when they handle your credit card.
- SET UP an SMS notification or e-mail alerts so you can be notified of activity on your card.
Vigil is a service that’s main aim is to monitor your account and any purchases that you make for suspicious activity. If the service suspects something, then it will notify you immediately.
If the purchase is legitimate then you will only need to confirm a few personal details to continue. Remember to only confirm your details do not provide the caller with details that they do not have as this could be a risk to your personal information.
To apply you will need to supply the following:
- All relevant personal details such as your employment, residential address, contact number and e-mail address
- You will need to provide financial information including employment details, any assets you might own as well as any financial commitments and expenses
- If you are self-employed you can still apply.
Credit card switching
When you switch your credit card to a new card remember to cancel the card that you no longer wish to use so that you aren’t charged additional fees.
Remember to switch all direct debits that you may have to your new card this payment can include your monthly gym membership fee, account debits that occur monthly and your employer that will need to switch your salary payments into your new account. Switch your direct debits to ensure that you never miss a payment and keep a good credit score.
Customer Reviews & Testimonials
The application process was such a breeze and not a mountain of supporting docs needed. Got my approval within 24 hours! Great service CFCU!!!
— Cairns —
After looking at the website I still had a few questions so I called your offices and was immediately treated like a long-time customer by your friendly staff. My questions were answered and they...
— Sydney —
Community First Credit Union Contact Details
- Shop GR164, Rouse Hill Town Centre, 10-14 Market Lane Rouse Hill NSW 2155 Australia
- Get Directions
- PO Box 98, Lidcombe, New South Wales, 1825, Australia
- Monday 09:00 – 17:00
- Tuesday 09:00 – 17:00
- Wednesday 09:00 – 17:00
- Thursday 09:00 – 19:00
- Friday 09:00 – 17:00
- Saturday 09:00 – 12:00
- Sunday – Closed